Growers of premium quality Australian Pomegranates
Chocolate Pomegranate Bark
During last harvest, Joy from Homestead Lovers, in Mannum, SA, dehydrated and powdered the arils from some of our second-grade fruit. With her inspiration, I made this yummy recipe. I love how you are left chewing on the tasty arils once the chocolate flavour has melted away.
- 1/3 Cup Dehydrated Pomegranate Arils (Seeds) – Measurement will vary depending on how thick you want the arils
- 1 Tbspn Pomegranate Powder
- 400g Cadbury Milk Chocolate (brown)
- 400g Cadbury Dream Chocolate (white)
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Break brown chocolate into squares and place in a medium size glass jug.
- Place in microwave on power level 7 for 45 seconds. Stir well with metal spoon.
- Heat on level 7 for a further 30 seconds, stir and repeat in 10 second sessions until chocolate is completely melted. (Microwave times may vary.)
- Pour chocolate on to baking tray and spread so it is 3-4mm thick.
- Sprinkle on half the arils.
- Place in freezer to set.
- Follow the same method for the white chocolate however, prior to sprinkling on the arils, sprinkle over the powder and use a metal skewer to swirl the powder through the chocolate.
- Once set, snap chocolate into shards and then try to stop yourself from eating it!
0429 841 507
Our premium pomegranates available in season at